Sunday, February 19, 2012

Beginings

I'm an artist. I've been saying this since I was nine and now I'm fifty eight and I think I'm starting to believe it. It's been sixteen years since I left teaching to pursue my work full time. Sixteen years of working in clay, assembling, piecing together my sculptures and traveling around the country to shows. The experiences, stories and friendships gained from these years has been a constant source of inspiration to me. It's changed me, altered my perspective and motivated me to continue the creative pursuit. Without question, the relationships I've developed with many of you around the country over these years has become both a comfort and inspiration to me. My own emotional journey continues to be reflected in the evolution of my work, but it's those porcelain threads which keep me grounded.

This blog is a space for me to explore a different facet of my creative side. A space for me to share not only my stories from the road, but how it affects my work. Or maybe how my work affects me. I hope it's a source of inspiration for those of you seeking your own creative side. Some small germ of an idea to jumpstart your own unique form of expression.

The threads feed both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment